The diary of a pit bull puppy

Thursday, January 15, 2009

TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING I AM "JUST A PITBULL"...

I can count on my paw the times in my short life that I have been looked down on because of my breed. My owner and I are getting fed up with it.
Let me tell you about the events so you will think first before you say something about me.
1. Puppy K incident: the instructor said to the owner of a Jack Russell puppy- " Now you can tell everyone your puppy played with a pit bull" . Another time she said " I would be hard to train because I am a pit bull" . The instructor needs to judge me and not my breed. I would like to spray her with her "Bad dog" water bottle!
2. At Hickory Run State park -a family walked past (parents and 2 children) my owner and I were on the trail and the kids asked what kind of dog I was and my owner said proudly "a pit bull". The mother said "Oh.. in a negative tone and said quietly to the kids " to keep moving"
3. At a park in West Goshen, a owner walking her small dog towards us , abruptly turned and went the other way when she saw me and my owner calmly walking near the playground. She also gave me the look that I didn't belong there.
4. My owner was telling a friend on the phone that she slept with me every night and the person said " Is that safe?"
My owner is great and reassures me every day -"that I am a good boy" and " pitbulls have a bad reputation and it is the owners that are bad not the breed."

I am getting so frustrated that I want to WOOF LOUDLY that "pitbulls are nice dogs too". Give me a chance to get to know you.

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

No comments: