The diary of a pit bull puppy

Friday, December 12, 2008

MY SPACE, FACEBOOK AND MICROBLOGGING


Doing some sniffing around and exploring MySpace Library Pages for Teens.
My favorite was Scott County. It was easy to read and the colors were not dark and wild. It was informative about books, movies, calendar events and it contained a link to catalog. Other features - that I would like to see are "Ask a Librarian" online chat, link to website and photos of library buildings in system or teen events presented in slide show with effects.
West Chester Public Library has an attractive and informative My Space and Facebook page. I was impressed with both.

Microblogging could be used as a publicity tool for library events. Since most sites restrict the # of characters per blog. You can use this utility "tiny url" to shorten the web link. Monroe County Library System had a good Twitter site. I set up a Twitter site for myself. http://twitter.com/ace213. Look in the sidebar to see my last 2 Twitter updates or Visit my Twitter site.

No comments: